Thursday, 5 December 2013

November Outfits Part 3

 As you can probably tell from my previous post I have been experimenting with styles this November.With all the Boardwalk Empire I have been watching, and finally seeing the remake of The Great Gatsby (although I still love the Robert Redford version best), I have been quite inspired by the 20s. Of course, Victorian and Edwardian styles are still my great love.


I found these red shoes, I have always wanted red shoes with little cut outs on them. Let's just hope I don't have to dance to the ends of the earth in them. Instead, I had lunch with my friend Kat and did some opshopping, including the third dress on this page.




20s inspired look. Worn with my favourite black cardi and my white ribbed stockings and red shoes. My hair is way too long to do a short 20s hairstyle. Dress and cardi secondhand.



Antique clockwinder necklace from RedHeart13 on Etsy


Another 20s inspired look: oversized blouse and wrap skirt secondhand. This was another fun one to put together, and billowy tops are good for keeping cool in summer, but I don't feel that it is really me.



I loved this dress so much that when I saw it in the window of a second hand store after Fiona's grad show, I had to go right back to get it the next day, when the shop opened, a trip of over 2 hours for a dress! It was worth it, of course! I ended up wearing it to Eddie's Supper Club in Newcastle, I will post the photos from that event soon!



 

 Detail of lariat necklace from Vintage store

2 comments:

  1. I love the clothing style of the 20s, but it's not my thing to wear. It doesn't really suit me, but it does suit you, I think. The shoes are really cute! ^^

    I've started watching Broadwalk Empire too, it's a great series. I've yet to see the new verison of The Great Gatsby; I know it's been out for month, but I just haven't come aroundto watch it yet...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! YOu look fabulous! You can really pull of the 20s look, it fits you so well. As your other history inspired outfits. The clothes are all so lovely, cant pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete