Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Perspectives Anthology Launch- I am officially a published author!

Monday the fourth of November was the launch of the University of Sydney anthology, Perspectives, featuring two of my short stories. This is my first real publication! I was really excited! Two of my favourite people, Kat and Fiona came with me, making it a really special night!

I was asked to read an excerpt from my story, The Exile, among with a few other contributors.

My other story in the book is The Sparrow Heart.


My lovely friends Kat and Fiona:



We walked through the park and saw gigantic bats fighting the wind in the sky!
 

Afterwards, we went to Chocolateria San Churro for churros!







Pretty cups!

I had a great time, and I am so glad my friends could come and make it a special night!

8 comments:

  1. Aww! Congratulations! It must have been a very special feeling to have the book in your hand :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, it was so exciting to see them in print!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the published stories! Are they available somewhere online or can the book be ordered? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately, I do not think it is available from anywhere but my university at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Laura! That's very exciting news - I wish we could buy a copy to read! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations *_*! I'm so glad you managed to get published, that's amazing for a writer, isn't it? Too bad I can't read your story… :(

    ReplyDelete